Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Broken or New?

Every now and then I read a blog entry that strikes my heart and leaves me saying "Wow - that's EXACTLY what I've been thinking!" and "I have to post this on my blog RIGHT NOW!".  Today at Callapidder Days, there was one of those entries.  Here's the link:

http://callapidderdays.com/2010/11/broken-or-new.html

I can't tell you how many times in the last year I've looked at my husband and said the words "can we just get a break?!?!?".  In so many ways it felt like we were broken while others had it so "easy".  In reality, I knew that we were (and are) incredibly blessed and that I was just being whiny and self-absorbed.  But when you feel broken it's hard to look past those feelings and accept the blessings. 

What I hadn't put into words until I read Katrina's post today was that God has to allow to break before he can put us back together.

I have so much more to say about this topic, but I can't get it out of head right now in a way that makes sense.  Let me just say that I am overwhelmingly thankful for the words and wisdom of people I have never met.  I am constantly amazed at the way God aligns His people to allow them to minister to each other.

Katrina, if you are reading this, please know that you ministered to me today.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment