Friday, December 10, 2010
Books, Movies, & Basketball: Friday's Fave Five
I can't believe it's already time for Friday's Fave Five! This week really went by quickly!
1) Dallas Mavericks basketball. I love it when "my team" is playing well!
2) Shopping with mom. I took the day off on Monday and went shopping with my mom. It was a nice change of pace to be out and about on a weekday instead of stuck in a cubicle. The company wasn't too bad either!
3) Movie Night. My hubby and I NEVER sit down and watch an entire movie. We don't usually have time, and my attention span tends to drift long before a movie can finish. Sunday night, however, I was feeling pretty worn out, so we ordered take-out and watched Iron Man 2. (I know, we're way behind on the new releases!). It was a fun way to spend a cold Sunday night!
4) My nephew, Jake. Jake is really always part of my Fave Five, but I can't list him every week or that would get old. Still, he was in rare form this week. He's really starting to use inflection in his tone of voice, and he cracks me up everytime I talk to him. Saturday I was talking to my brother while he and my nephew were driving in the truck. Jake was babbling in the backseat so I asked to talk to him. I was trying, unsuccessfully, to get him to tell me where he was going or what he was doing. He kept ignoring my questions, so I finally asked "Where are you, Jake-Man?". And with much righteous indignation he firmly replied "Right Here!" Oh. Well. Silly me.
5) Half Price Books. Sunday afternoon my hubby decided (without me having to ask) to take me to Half Price Books for my birthday. I have an obsession with that store that borders on unhealthy, and I usually drive him absolutely crazy when we go there. But he took a deep breath and decided to brave it. Thanks, hon! And because of my current condition involving an 8 week old kid sitting on my bladder the trip was much shorter (and cheaper) than usual. See, it was a win-win scenario for all involved!
Have a great weekend, everybody!
Susanne at Living To Tell The Story hosts Friday's Fave Five each week.