Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

When I Get Tired I Ramble

My brain feels like a pinball machine on steroids today.

My kitchen is full of dirty dishes and laundry is piled almost to the ceiling, but Sam is playing quietly in his crib so I'm typing this instead of cleaning.  Don't judge.

Sam is obsessed with cars.  Especially Lightning McQueen.  I bought him his Easter basket today.  He approves.


After giving him the basket I turned down the next aisle and I saw his eyes light up.  He pointed and said "Beebee!!".  I searched and searched and finally realized he was pointing at a tiny little plush bunny.  It's brown with orange and white gingham ears and feet.  
       "This, Sammy?  The bunny?".  
       "Beebee!  Peeeees, Mama?  Peeeeeeeeeees?  Beebee?"
I bought the bunny.  He has been carrying it around in his Lightning McQueen basket and occasionally pats its ears.  

I have been eating gluten-free for eleven days.  It started as an experiment which I'll blog in more detail about  later.  I cannot even begin to describe how much better I feel.  If I could just get rid of this stupid sinus/allergy junk I might actually feel healthy, and I'm not sure what to do with that.  I've been battling minor health problems for so long that I've just gotten used to them.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing plays out.

In related news, blue cheese is not gluten free.  Neither are Jack In The Box tacos.  But Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs have no gluten, so the world is not a total disaster.

I had a text conversation with my best friend today about aardvarks.  No really.  I did.  

I also had a conversation with her about how Sam found my bra and put it on his head, but we won't go into detail about that one.  

I usually am not a big fan of Spring.  Ever since I moved back to Texas from living in Oregon I get kind of protective of winter seeing as we don't really have winter here.  Every time it hits 80+ degrees in early March I get a little grumpy.  And so do my sinuses.  But there's one thing that happens every single year that makes me squeal like a little girl.  And it happened today.  BLUEBONNETS.  The bluebonnets are blooming!  Every year I see the first glimpse of bluebonnets and I take a deep breath and I smile about Spring in Texas.  God brings those gorgeous fields of wildflowers back every single year.  The fields might not always look exactly the same, and some years are more vibrant than others, but the beauty is always there.  And today it hit me...the bluebonnets always pop up right around Easter.  The time for celebrating resurrection and new beginnings.  And suddenly the old song was in my head.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not; As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!  Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Life is like those fields of wildflowers.  Sometimes life is vibrant and full; sometimes it's muted and the blessings seem sparse.  But God's beauty is there constantly.  He has the power to renew and revive and resurrect.  And He is faithful.

PS.  Pirate's Booty is gluten free.  I may have a situation here that requires intervention.  Send help ASAP.

1 comment:



  1. If you are stuck with your management assignment then in this case you can opt for our Law Assignments. we provide the best online assignment help.We also provide Business Law Homework Help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848

    ReplyDelete