Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Turner Update

We had our first obgyn appointment today.  Information overload!!  But the important part is that Baby Turner is healthy and growing.  Last week we went for a sonogram, and couldn't see anything except the little sac.  Since I was supposed to be 6.5 weeks I was pretty concerned, but the sonographer (and my husband, and my mother, and my co-workers) assured me that it just meant I wasn't as far along as we thought. 

Sure enough, today we got a perfect heartbeat and a few glimpses of a teeny little kidney bean lentil (??).  Baby Turner is 0.5 cm long and has a heart rate of 124 beats per minute.  The doctor says everything looks as good as it could possibly look.  The due date is 7/24/2011 which puts us at 6.5 weeks right now. 


I'm feeling pretty good so far.  I had a couple of rough days, but today I've felt a little better.  Apparently this is to be expected - some good days and some bad days.  Luckily, I have lots of friends with good advice about how to deal with nausea.  Jolly Ranchers and Sour Patch Kids work wonders!

I am still fairly overwhelmed and shell-shocked.  I really didn't think this was going to happen for us.  Two weeks before I took the positive test I was telling someone that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if this happened.  I was right - I'm pretty much a mess.  But I'm adjusting and starting to get my feet under me.  It helps that I have a husband who is willing to take more than his share of the workload and let me rest when I get home at night.  It also helps to have friends who are pregnant so I can share experiences and laugh about things. 

I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment